Expert Solutions in Vacuum, Surface & Nanoscience
Established in 1974, Scanwel is a leading manufacturer and distributor of components and systems to end users and o.e.m.s in academia, government laboratories and industry.
Our products find application in the production and development of advanced materials and processes in a number of high technology fields, including nanotechnology, microelectronics, storage media, energy production and bio-medical and basic materials research of metals, oxides, polymers and coatings.
- We specialise in producing custom fabrication and chambers, for clean and UHV applications.
- Our custom systems are exactly that, conceived and designed with your full involvement using our experience and the latest CAD packages. The end result is a product that meets your requirements.
- Our distributed products include systems and components for surface analysis by techniques such as X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Time of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy (TOF-SIMS), Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) and Nanoindentation. Our range also covers deposition, MBE, sample transfer and manipulation. To compliment our own vacuum products we distribute related products such as ion pumps and bakeout equipment.
- Scanwel manufacture over 5000 products. We carry an extensive stock (probably the widest range in the UK) of our own manufactured hardware, including:
- Conflat, Klein and ISO Flanges and Fittings
- Standard Vacuum Components
- Chambers, Fabrications and Baseplates
- Ion getter and titanium sublimation pumps
- Heating Tapes,Jackets and Tents
- Angle Valves, Leak Valves and Gate Valves
- Motion, Electrical, Liquid and Optical Feedthroughs
- Foreline Traps and Cold Traps