A one-day workshop on surface science research will be held at the University of Liverpool on 11th December 2017. The workshop aims to cover most aspects of surface science research and is accessible to students and post-docs. The format is a full day of invited speakers who are leaders in their fields within Surface Science, with several tea and coffee breaks to promote interaction and cross-fertilisation between sub-disciplines.
In addition, there is a poster session, for contributed posters from delegates. Student posters are eligible for entry for the poster prize, which will be awarded on the day.
It is a great opportunity for young scientists to establish networks with research leaders for transfer of knowledge and generation of lasting collaborations and friendships. This is the second event of the series. The first one was organised in University of Central Lancashire in 2015.
We plan for this conference to become a regular event in the north of England.
- Prof Christopher Baddeley, University of St Andrews
- Prof Wendy Brown, University of Sussex
- Prof Neil Champness, University of Nottingham
- Prof Giovanni Costantini, University of Warwick
- Prof Russ Egdell, University of Oxford
- Dr Quanmin Guo, University of Birmingham
- Dr Stephen John Jenkins, University of Cambridge
- Dr Rob Lindsay, the University of Manchester
- Prof Mats Persson, the University of Liverpool
- Dr Emma Springate, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory