Ametek Dycor Mass Spectrometers
Ametek Dycor product line
This “zero footprint” Smart Sensor Residual Gas Analyzer has the data acquisition and control electronics mounted directly on the sensor, and can be linked to a computer via either its RS-232 port, or RS-485 port for multiple analyzer instruments.
Features for this instrument include:
- Zero Footprint Smart Sensor
- Ion source options:
- Enclosed Ion Source for CVD and atmospheric sampling applications
- Conductance Limited Ion Source for PVD applications
- Open Ion Source for UHV applications
- 100, 200, and 300 AMU ranges
- Optional on-board analog and Digital I/O
- Zero Drift Electrometer Amplifier Technology
- On-board diagnostics
- RS-232 and RS-485 communications ports
The Dycor LC-D Series Residual Gas Analyzer (RGA) offers outstanding performance, yet is priced to be the most cost-effective RGA on the market. The LC-D Series instruments are constructed from materials that are compatible with Ultra High Vacuum (UHV) systems and are designed to require the very minimum in maintenance. This versatile RGA is ideally suited for use with UHV systems and equipment monitoring of semiconductor and thin film processes in the high vacuum range. Coupled with the System 2000 software (which is 32-bit, multi-threaded, and designed for use with Windows 98 through Windows 8), the LC-D provides advanced features that are associated with higher priced instruments.
Dycor offers a mobile cart system that can be equipped with any type of Dycor residual gas analyzer (RGA). This compact, sturdy cart can also be configured with your choice of inlet manifolds and vacuum pumping systems.
- Automated start-up of integrated cart system
- Maintains vacuum when moved between sample points for quick start-up, via optional vacuum sentry safety valve.
- Flexible design
- Supports all standard pumping configurations
- Accommodates optional Opto-22 Data Acquisition System
- Supports computer and printer
- Sturdy aluminum frame construction
- Locked storage cabinet for tools, laptop PC, user’s manual, etc.
- RGA and inlet manifold at convenient location for easy access
- No tools required to remove smart sensor from cart for attachment to your vacuum chamber/process tool
The Dycor Benchtop Mass Spectrometer is a compact versatile gas analysis system for sampling gases over a wide range of pressures, from high vacuum up to and beyond atmospheric pressure. The analyzer and inlet system can be removed from the frame and placed up to 10 feet from the pumping station using the included cable and vacuum hose.
This system includes a Dymaxion RGA with enclosed ion source, capillary inlet manifold, compound turbomolecular pump, dry pump, pump controller and laptop PC running Dycor System 2000 software. Systems can be designed for your specific applications.
Increased sensitivity and decreased background noise are possible due to the ionizer design. An enclosed ion source operates with sample pressures as high as 10-3 torr with no need for futher pressure reduction of this differentially pumped inlet system. Higher sample pressures contain greater numbers of neutrals and more sample to ionize. With each order of magnitude increase in pressure, signal strength varies proportionally with sample density. This is accomplished by confining the sample within a (relatively) small ionization volume. The sample is constrained within the ion volume that that has a two small slits on either side of the ion volume. Bombarding electrons enter through these slits, ionizing the sample. Ions formed near the small exit hole of the ion volume are immediately extracted into the mass filter, and have little opportunity to react with neutrals. Ionization efficiency is high, since virtually the entire sample passes through the small ionization zone. The main transport mechanism from the source to the downstream mass filter is a pressure gradient, resulting from the higher pressure in the ionizer versus the lower pressure in the downstream mass filter. Hence, the source is conductance limited by the pressure difference.
With outstanding sensitivity, stability and unequaled clean mass separation across the whole mass range, these analyzers offer process MS at a process GC price. Available in benchtop, weatherproof and hazardous area configurations, the analyzers can sample from up to 32 inlet ports each of which can be assigned different analysis methods. Now you can afford to use MS for applications currently using GC, NIR, FTIR or multiple single component devices, or as a complement to multiple process analyzers. Available with 1-100, 1-200 or 1-300 amu range.
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT) driven
- Control of solvent drying processes to minimize cycle times
- Fermentation studies (respiratory quotient RQ, biotechnology research, genomics and genetics, vaccines and antibodies, recombinant and therapeutic proteins, pharmaceuticals)
- Biomass studies
- Fuel cell research and production
- Catalytic reactions and catalyst efficiency
- Ethylene and ethylene oxide production (mass balance, reformer efficiency)
- Ammonia, methanol and synthesis gas production
- Gas blending and bulk gas analysis
- General process troubleshooting and development
Online Gas Analysis for Weatherproof or Hazardous Area Locations
AMETEK’s ProMaxion process mass spectrometer offers real-time analysis in a reliable easy-to-use package for a wide range of industrial applications. Real-time process monitoring of up to 32 components is straightforward with ProMaxion’s powerful, easy-to-use Process 2000 software. Complex overlapping spectra are handled automatically and data output directly in concentration units. Different calibration and analysis methods can be assigned to each sample port.